Friday, March 4, 2016

UDHR week

This week was all about our human rights, we read the Universal Declaration of Human Rights which states all of our rights as a human being. A lot of them seemed like common sense to me but then we were asked questions about it and I thought about our rights compared to other countries I started to realize that they are so common after all. A lot of people say that we don't have freedom of speech in America and I'd like to disagree. For me personally because I know that many countries can't even mutter the words of "I don't like something about the country", they would be sent to jail or even killed depending on how severe the country is. 
One thing that I loved about the videos were that they talked about slavery. A lot of people know that I am very passionate about human trafficking and having the education spread around about it because not many people know about it. Human trafficking is mainly girls who are forced into a trafficking circle where they have basically sell themselves to give money to their bosses. 

Become a Human Rights Defender! Don't allow discrimination, stand up for the people who aren't getting the rights they deserve. Short and simple! Make sure to read the UDHR! It gives you an idea of what to stand up for! Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment